Startups and long-established enterprises know how crucial it is to have a strong online presence. The massive online market is fiercely competitive; as such, a strategic approach to web design is not just a competitive advantage, but rather a complete necessity.
With a strong online presence, SMEs (such as those that launched their operations in their humble homes) can easily go head to head with industry veterans and net in a considerable share of the market.
If you wish to fortify your new business’s success by generating clients and sales in the digital realm, you need to make sure your website is designed and managed really well. When it comes to web design, it’s imperative to implement the tried and true tactics for standing out, and a top Palm Harbor web design company has rounded up six of these tactics in a list below.
- Clearly establish your brand image – You need to determine what your business stands for. Write down the values you uphold so that graphic artists can have a solid idea of what artistic images can represent your business well. This will ascertain that all elements of your web design go with each other beautifully or have a consistent appeal.
- Study the psychology of color – One of the main contributions of color is the way it is able to pull together the different aspects of the design, and at the same time automatically reveals the nature of your business. Research which colors can represent your business well and have the ability to trigger the desired response from your target market. For example, if your business sells cute items for young children, you can never go wrong with blue and pink because these hues symbolize qualities and values that young children should possess.
- Design an eye-catching logo –Your logo plays a vital role in increasing brand awareness, which is why proper research should be conducted in order to create a great logo.
- Use all original images – It’s best to use images that are originally yours because when they leave an imprint on the mind of your customers, you can be certain they won’t associate them with other businesses. On top of that, original images are better for SEO purposes.
- Incorporate relevant multimedia – Include different types of media to improve user experience and deliver information in a more effective manner. Use videos for announcements, news, guides, tutorials, and reviews. Studies reveal that pages with videos secure engagement faster; ditto with infographics and audio files. Plus, these will also create more SEO opportunities.
- Keep the design simple and clean – Not only is this the trend, but it also creates the best visual impact and experience. You don’t want to overwhelm your website visitors with a visually assaulting website design and make navigatingyour site tricky, which can prevent them from fully engaging or acting toward your business’s advantage. The basic principle here is that you don’t create fluff — instead, you maintain only what’s truly relevant.